<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://bullocksbuzz.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Bullock's Buzz: Starlooks: Shine Like a Star with Starbox

Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Starlooks: Shine Like a Star with Starbox

November Starbox Subscription Box
starlookslogo
   Over the last few months I have been telling you about one of my favorite beauty box subscription services Starbox by Starlooks.  Each month you will receive a box with three or four full-sized (yep, FULL-SIZED not sample size), beauty items from the Starlooks line, and quite often, the boxes will contain some extra surprises as well!  Each monthly box will have a minimum value of at least $35, but all you will pay is $15!  Plus, you can relax knowing that all of their make up is lead-free, emollient-free and cruelty-free.  You can go onto the Starlooks site and find a preview of that month’s box, what came in boxes over the months past and, best of all, find photographic tips on using the items in the box by visiting the Looksbook page.  You can find even more tips when you visit the Starlooks YouTube channel!
starloobsstarbox
   November’s Starbox, Nasty Girl, was special in that it was their very first semi-customizable box!  We were asked our skin tone, light, medium or dark, and all items were selected around that.   Here I want to tell you about one of the many reasons I really like Starlooks.  Before I received my Starbox, I was sent a very kind email explaining that there was a chance my box would not be the colors for the skin tone I had requested, but that the colors would still work being that they are for forming the ‘base’ of my make up.   Since I receive these boxes for free in exchange for my review, and this month’s Starbox was semi-customizable, Starlooks wanted to make sure there were enough proper colors for their paying customers, while at the same time making sure I knew that the colors I received would work for me, as well.  A lot of companies would have sent whatever they had, and not have been too concerned with the fact that their reviewer would want to have colors they could wear and would look great on them as well.  Not Starlooks!  They made sure that I would be happy with the items I received, and that they would work perfectly with my skin tone.  It is little gestures like these that make companies stand out, and make people want to continue to do business together!  As it turned out, the colors they sent were exact matches for my skin tone anyway since I have dark colored hair and eyes, with olive undertones to my skin.
starlooksstarbox2
   Each Starbox is always beautifully packaged, and this month was one of my personal favorites, a leopard print box with a gold ribbon. Wrapped inside white tissue paper was a quad palette of neutral colored eye shadow, a tube of lip gloss and a very unique tool called a 3-in-1 Mascara Guide/Applicator.  There were also a couple of Starlooks mystic quartz crystals, the ultimate symbol of beauty, at least one of which comes in every box and helps to attract energy and maintain focus.  
starlooksstarbox 13
   This month’s Starbox focused on the “Prime Look” which is a look that ALL faces can wear, and is discernable by skin tone.  Your skin tone is unique to you, but a ‘prime look’ is the base makeup that everyone needs to create a flawless look before adding any color. The perfect Prime Look will enhance your best facial features while at the same time making your skin glow and appear flawless.  Each item in your Starbox, when applied correctly (and instructions for application were included, another thing I love about Starlooks Starbox), will let the unique shadows and shapes of your face, your best features, shine through!  Once you add this perfect base, you then add other color on top to finish your ideal look.
Starlooks Customizable Palette $9 per pan (9x4=$36)
What They Say:  highly pigmented shadows, shimmers to mattes, can be combined to create the perfect look.  Starlooks suggests always using the top left color as your highlight under the brow and/or on the lid.  The top right color is applied all over the lid and eye as a base.  The bottom left goes into the eyelid crease, and the bottom right can create the perfect eye corner.
What I Say:  This is beautiful palette contains four neutral shades, a combination of matte and shimmer, that gives you the ability to create a variety of looks.  From the top left to bottom right the colors are Hint of Rust, Midnight in Magnolia, Coffee Bean and Void Echo.  One neat feature of this palette is that the shadows are not glued into the case allowing you to switch out colors and re-use the same case, therefore also eliminating waste.  The colors went on easily, and are silky soft and light feeling. Following the included directions, I was able to create a professional look that was long lasting and extremely flattering!  These eye shadow pans are $9 per color.
starlooksstarbox 5
starlooksstarbox 6


starlooks1

Tender Gloss Lipstick in Pearl $11
What They Say:  this moisturizing lipstick combines lipstick and lip gloss in one convenient product.  Available in 24 vibrant shades, and a variety of finishes.
What I Say:  the perfect complement to the eye shadows to create my prime look.  It glides on smoothly without any stickiness or chalkiness, and is very moisturizing and silky.  It actually reminds me more of a lip balm than a lipstick or lip gloss!  Plus, there is no heavy, overbearing scent or taste.  The color, Pearl, is a gorgeous, neutral pinkish-reddish mix that has just a hint of shimmer.  I love it!

starlooksstarbox 8
  starlooksstarbox 9

3-in-1 Mascara Guide/Applicator
What They Say:  no more smearing of the mascara when you use this 3-in-1 mascara guide/applicator!
What I Say:  when I first saw this pink colored plastic contraption I wasn’t too sure as to what it was.  I knew it has something to do with the eyes, but what, I had no idea!  Reading the included instruction card I soon discovered what a neat and handy tool this really is!  Don’t you hate it when you spend many minutes creating the perfect look for your eyes, and you go to add the mascara and either smudge your liner and shadow or else some mascara winds up under you eye or on the lid?  I know I do, and this unique little tool has solved that problem permanently! You use the very top part (convex) with the tiny little combs for your bottom lashes; simply put it directly under your bottom lashes then hold it there while applying the mascara so any smudges go onto the plastic instead of under your eye.  The inside (concave) part goes over your eye and is used when applying mascara to your top lashes, again so any smudges go onto the plastic not your eyelid.  The double sided ‘comb’ on the end of the handle can be used for separating lashes, and combing your eyebrows.  Once finished, simply rinse off the mascara, dry it and you have perfectly applied mascara with no smears or smudges that call for you having to reapply your liner and shadow.  Quite a nifty little contraption!
starlooksstarbox 10
starlooksstarbox 11
My Verdict
   Another wonderful Starbox with some great items!  The total for this month’s box comes to approximately $47 without including the cost of the 3-in-1 Mascara Guide/Applicator for which I was unable to find a price.  Your cost through the subscription service? $15!   Wow!  You just cannot beat that for wonderful high end make up that is comparable to MAC, but much more affordable!
     The Prime Look

The Spoiler Alert
   If you haven’t already heard, Starlooks is giving an amazing gift next month in the December Starbox:  a fifteen (15) color eye shadow palette with a retail price of $99 for only the usual monthly subscription box cost of $15!  What a gift!  The colors sent in November’s box to create the Prime Look are to be used before you apply any of the colors in next months palette!  As long as you apply this ideal base, you are set to create the perfect, make up application!  I cannot wait!
I Want It! How Do I Order?
   All of Starlooks cosmetics and beauty products can be purchased directly through the Starlooks website, as can each Starbox for the month past at a cost of $25 (get them before they are gone for good!).  I highly recommend you sign up for the Starbox monthly subscription service as you will not only save a lot of money, but you will have the opportunity to sample the entire Starlooks line!  You, too, will be delighted with the wonderful quality, long lasting color, affordable prices, helpful tips and amazing customer service you will receive with your Starlooks cosmetics!  Be sure to check them out on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube for great tips, information, promotions and more!

Labels:

16 Comments:

At December 11, 2012 at 12:19 PM , Blogger Brent Woolverton said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At December 11, 2012 at 12:22 PM , Blogger Tricia said...

Oops did not realize my husband was signed into the account lol. Starlooks is awesome! Great review! I love their makeup and agree they care about their customers.

 
At December 11, 2012 at 2:10 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Ok, the pink mascara thing looks scary. Not sure I want that near my eyes, I love Star Looks, too bad I missed that month!

 
At December 11, 2012 at 2:30 PM , Anonymous Laura Hinckley said...

Very nice :)

 
At December 11, 2012 at 2:35 PM , Blogger Melinda Dunne said...

I looks fantastic on you! I love the lip stick/gloss!

 
At December 11, 2012 at 2:52 PM , Blogger DaLynnRmc.com said...

Oh what fun, and you look gorgeous! Love the box this month too! The more I hear about this, the more intrigued I am. Keep them coming and thanks!

 
At December 11, 2012 at 3:08 PM , Anonymous Stephanie @ One Sleepy Mom said...

I've never heard of Starlooks before, but now I want to check it out. And wow those are great pictures! What kind of camera do you use?

 
At December 11, 2012 at 3:13 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

I LOVE those colors that you got!! If I wore makeup more often, I'd definitely consider doing this program since in the long run it should save a person a good chunk of money as well. You look amazing. ;)

 
At December 11, 2012 at 4:41 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

This looks like a really fun set!

 
At December 11, 2012 at 6:49 PM , Blogger Malia said...

I love that little device, I was wondering what it was, I've never seen that before!

 
At December 11, 2012 at 8:27 PM , Anonymous jheylo said...

that's nice and you look gorgeous :D

 
At December 11, 2012 at 8:38 PM , Anonymous Shydub said...

The lipstick looks good on you and the eye shadow looks natural. sounds like a good buy or beauty subscription. you save more than half.

 
At December 11, 2012 at 10:46 PM , Blogger Suenvegas said...

Awesome Review!!! I love the lipstick! It was wonderful!

 
At December 12, 2012 at 4:28 PM , Blogger Mellissa said...

I really love those colors I wish someone would get me this for Christmas ;o) a nice year membership perhaps.lol

 
At December 12, 2012 at 7:30 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those look like great products, I would love a subscription like this.

 
At December 13, 2012 at 7:44 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

The makeup look incredible. I would love this!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home