<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://bullocksbuzz.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Bullock's Buzz: Prana SpaCeuticals Using Nature to Enhance Beauty

Monday, April 22, 2013

Prana SpaCeuticals Using Nature to Enhance Beauty

Shikoma Body Wash

pranalogo

**I received this product for the purpose of review. Regardless, all opinions are my own.**

   Based on ancient traditions and inspired by natural resources, Prana SpaCeuticals skin care products are made with only the finest quality, all-natural ingredients.    Each product in their line is targeted to treat specific skin care needs whether you have dry skin, oily skin, sensitive skin, rosacea, acne, hyperpigmentation or are concerned with the effects of aging, while at the same time providing multiple benefits. 

   All of their products are made from ingredients that stabilize antioxidants naturally, give Natural Absorption and are free from parabens, synthetics and harsh lathering agents.  In Prana SpaCeutical’s products you will only find ingredients that are organically farmed, environmentally friendly and are from natural sources.  Ingredients such as organic botanicals, marine minerals, herbs, nut-oils, butters, plant extracts, natural pigments and natural aromatics.

shikomabodywashpranaspaceuticals

   I recently had the opportunity to review a luxurious body wash that is ideal for all skin types from the Shikoma collection, a Prana SpaCeuticals body products line.  Made from deionized water, fermented rice sugars and moisturizing butters, this all-natural body wash exfoliates, cleanses and hydrates the skin. Indulge all of your senses with the subtle fragrance of the Japanese yuzu sparkling fruit combined with a hint of botanicals, while the rich, thick lather gently exfoliates and moisturizes even the driest skin.

shikomabodywashpranaspaceuticals6

   The first time I tried the Shikoma Body Wash, it was truly a relaxing experience.  Just a little bit of the gel on a loofah or bath pouf was all I needed to get a nice lather that easily rinsed away leaving my skin clean, incredibly smooth and smelling wonderful.  The shower was filled with a relaxing, botanical scent that was light and natural, nothing at all like some of those artificially-scented body washes whose scent is overbearingly sweet and hit a false note.

shikomabodywashpranaspaceuticals9

   After drying off, instead of my skin quickly drying out and needing lotion, it remained moisturized and soft with a lingering hint of that incredible scent.  I tend to have some dry patches of skin on the backs of my arms to which I constantly find myself adding lotion.  Having followed the directions on the Shikoma bottle, and making sure to massage the body wash more thoroughly into this area, I was very pleased to not have to put any additional moisturizer on my arms for the entire day! 

My Verdict

   I really liked how for an all-natural product, the Shikoma Body Wash still had a nice, rich lather although it contains no harsh lathering agents.  I am trying more and more to use only all-natural skin care products, and I have come across quite a few whose lather-quality was quite disappointing. Although I know this is due to the lack of chemicals and lathering agents which are not good for the skin nor the environment, I still associate lather with cleanliness.  So in my mind, the more lather, the better the product cleans.  And although this is not necessarily true, it is still nice to find an all-natural product that produces a good amount of lather!

shikomabodywashpranaspaceuticals10 

  I also love the way it smells, and how it leaves my skin feeling hydrated and soft as silk!  It provides a true spa-like experience in the privacy of my home, the perfect antidote for a stressful day!  I now have a new favorite body wash in Prana SpaCeutical's Shikoma Body Wash!

shikomabodywashpranaspaceuticals4

   Sound tempting enough?  You can purchase Shikoma Body Wash directly through the Prana SpaCeauticals website, as well as in selected spas, retreat/wellness centers and fine salons, both online and off.

Labels:

19 Comments:

At April 22, 2013 at 1:21 PM , Anonymous jenny at dapperhouse said...

That is funny about the lather - I am the same way :) I am SO Curious to Smell this!!! It sounds great. My mom would LOVE this for Mothers Day. Going to checkout now.

 
At April 22, 2013 at 1:51 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

I am glad you said that about the lather because I feel guilty for wanting it, even though I know better! We have been unsuccessful at adopting natural shampoo for that very reason! I'm so glad to know there is finally an option for us.

 
At April 22, 2013 at 2:05 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

I agree I want a soap that lathers good to know this one does!

 
At April 22, 2013 at 2:12 PM , Blogger Pam said...

The bottle itself is beautiful and the product sounds fabulous. Will give it a try or order it for gifts. Thanks!

 
At April 22, 2013 at 2:19 PM , Blogger Melinda Dunne said...

I would love to smell this! It sounds like a great product that I would really enjoy.

 
At April 22, 2013 at 2:35 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the great review, I am always looking for new products!

 
At April 22, 2013 at 2:39 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

This sounds like wonderful product. I like lather too.

 
At April 22, 2013 at 3:03 PM , Anonymous Tara said...

Oh, this looks great! I am the same way with lather lol I really love that the bottle looks nice too, so you can leave it out when people come over and look all fancy :)

 
At April 22, 2013 at 3:17 PM , Blogger A Proverbs 31 Wife said...

I have been trying more and more to use natural products, Prana-Spaceuticals sounds like a great company!

 
At April 22, 2013 at 4:29 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks for the review. I love to discover new natural products.

 
At April 22, 2013 at 4:54 PM , Blogger Journeys of The Zoo said...

That's great that this product worked so well for you. I'm always interested in hearing about all-natural products with all the chemicals out there.

I'm also interested in the packaging (almost as mush as the product, smile) and I love the style and color of the pump bottle and the cute designs on the label.

They're really taken everything into consideration. Thanks for sharing.

Besos, Sarah
Blogger at Journeys of The Zoo
Finding Humour in Everyday Life
journeysofthezoo at hotmail dot com

 
At April 22, 2013 at 4:56 PM , Anonymous Anna at Mama Writes said...

I love natural soaps and washes, this one sounds wonderful, will have to check it out, thanks for sharing!

 
At April 22, 2013 at 5:25 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Great Review! This is a new product for me and I am always on the lookout for more natural body care. Thanks for the review.

 
At April 22, 2013 at 5:25 PM , Blogger TabbyAnn said...

It does sound tempting! I am going to check out their site!

 
At April 22, 2013 at 5:25 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

I really want to try this wash. Thanks so much for sharing!

 
At April 22, 2013 at 7:08 PM , Anonymous jheylo said...

that is interesting. looks like products from thailand of some kind. i love that it's made from natural ingredients and botanical products

 
At April 22, 2013 at 8:01 PM , Blogger JC said...

What a great thorough review! Love the photos and everything! I'd love to try the company's products especially the body wash! I need lots of help with dry skin and I love it when the scent lasts after the shower!

 
At April 23, 2013 at 6:11 AM , Blogger mail4rosey said...

It DOES sound tempting. I'd like to smell it, Japanese yuzu sparkling fruit just SOUNDS like it would smell good. Thank you for the review.

 
At April 23, 2013 at 1:37 PM , Blogger Inspiration CAN be found EVERYWHERE said...

Thanks for the review. It does sound interesting and I agree with you - lather is great!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home