<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://bullocksbuzz.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Bullock's Buzz: The Chalk Shop on ETSY

Tuesday, March 12, 2013

The Chalk Shop on ETSY

Taking Sidewalk Chalk to a New Level of Cute!

   With Spring practically here the weather is getting warmer and children and adults alike are yearning to get outside in the pleasantly warm, bright, sunny weather.  It’s the perfect season for outdoor play and activities, and after the long months of being cooped-up inside the house, kids are ready to spend their time outside. There are so many fun things to do outside, including that classic, favorite activity, sidewalk chalk!
  What child wouldn’t enjoy drawing giant pictures, writing messages to their friends in huge brightly colored letters, drawing hopscotch boards and more not on a piece of paper, but on the sidewalk!  I know I used to love it, and still do!
   The Chalk Shop on ETSY takes this favorite past time and makes it even better!  Instead of those typical tubular-shaped bars of chalk that everyone has, The Chalk Shop hand makes chalk in fun and whimsical shapes that come in a pretty pastel rainbow of colors!  From animals to Legos, planes to trains, shoes to clouds The Chalk Shop takes sidewalk chalk to a whole new level!
    TheChalkShop3
  I had the opportunity to review some of their chalk and found it to be so cute I almost don’t want to use it!  I was sent a green Frog Prince and an orange Fish, each of which came in their own little bag tied with a matching ribbon. 
         TheChalkShop
   The Frog Prince chalk is approximately 2 3/4” tall by 2 1/2” wide and is close to 3/4” thick.  It is a pretty shade of green, and the detailing is great from the tips of his “toes” to the crown on his head.
  TheChalkShop14   TheChalkShop15
   The Shark is a lovely pastel shade of orange, and it measures approximately 3 1/2” long by 2” wide, and is about 1/4” thick.  Like the Frog Prince, you can see all the details including gills, eye and teeth!  It is completely flat and smooth on the back.
TheChalkShop13        TheChalkShop17
My Verdict
  As I mentioned before, these are so cute I almost don’t want to use them!  For the purpose of review, I did make a line with each one on our sidewalk, pressing as lightly as possible so as not to mess up the chalks.  I was impressed with how bright the chalk was, and I can imagine with normal force it would show up on the sidewalks wonderfully! 
      TheChalkShop24
  All of the chalks can be used on sidewalks, chalkboards and chalk mats.  The color is even through out the chalk, and there are no sharp edges;  in fact, The Chalk Shop takes care to be sure that all of their chalks have smooth edges so it is perfectly safe.  Each piece is big enough to hold in an adult’s hand, so a child would have no problem grasping the chalk in their hand and drawing or writing.
I Love It!  Where Can I Get Some?
   Since The Chalk Shop is an ETSY store, so you can order directly through the site.   The chalks are typically sold individually or in sets grouped by theme, with prices ranging from $1.50 and up per individual piece to $8 or $9 for sets.  The Chalk Shop will do custom orders, so so if you want something a set all of the same color, or a mix of different shapes, or maybe you want a shape you do not see, just send them a note with your request.  These chalks are perfect for baby showers, wedding showers, birthday party favors and stocking stuffers! 

  



Labels:

26 Comments:

At March 12, 2013 at 11:56 AM , Blogger K (Sunshiney Days) said...


That chalk is really cute.. my kids would love it!

Thanks for following. Following you back. :)

http://www.nadanadalimonada.com

 
At March 12, 2013 at 12:58 PM , Blogger MikiHope said...

OH-I remember making hopscotch boards and then using a rock that I picked up to play--so much simpler times! All I had was white chalk--how much fun to be able to make each square a different color!!

 
At March 12, 2013 at 1:15 PM , Blogger Journeys of The Zoo said...

These would be great for the new chalkboard wall in my kitchen. Off to check out their store. Thanks for sharing.

Besos, Sarah
Zookeeper at Journeys of The Zoo
journeysofthezoo at hotmail dot com

 
At March 12, 2013 at 1:31 PM , Blogger menopausal mama said...

Following you back via GFC! Thanks for sharing!

 
At March 12, 2013 at 4:22 PM , Blogger OurHopeIsInTheLord said...

These would be great for birthday party favors. Very cute!!

 
At March 12, 2013 at 9:19 PM , Blogger Happy Gardening, Kim said...

Sweet! Brody would love these. I agree with above...these would make great b-day favors and also Easter Basket gifts.

 
At March 13, 2013 at 12:11 PM , Anonymous Suzi Satterfield said...

These will make great additions to birthday bags for spring and summer parties!

 
At March 13, 2013 at 12:22 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

they would make great party favors.

 
At March 13, 2013 at 12:22 PM , Blogger Mellissa said...

Those are so cute!

 
At March 13, 2013 at 12:26 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Those are awesome! They would make great easter bunny treats!

 
At March 13, 2013 at 1:10 PM , Blogger Christy Maurer said...

How cute! My daughter and her friends still go out and write on the sidewalk with chalk :) She's 18!

 
At March 13, 2013 at 1:44 PM , Blogger Juliana said...

Wow...so cute.

 
At March 13, 2013 at 1:48 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those are CUTE! My 3 yr old and daycare kids would love those. I am going to need to head over to that shop and peek around, thanks for the info.

 
At March 13, 2013 at 2:01 PM , Blogger Tara said...

These are totally cute! Did the color come off on your hands at all, and if so, did it wash off easily? I'd love a shark set in different colors for my wedding, actually. lol. I'm getting married in the shark room at an aquarium!

 
At March 13, 2013 at 2:41 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Oh my goodness I have to have some!!!

 
At March 13, 2013 at 3:58 PM , Blogger Kelly said...

The chalk is so cute.. Great review.

 
At March 13, 2013 at 4:13 PM , Blogger Melinda Dunne said...

I love sidewalk chalk! This sounds perfect for children and I love the fact they can be used on a variety of things. They are also super cute.

 
At March 13, 2013 at 9:19 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I will check to see what they have, Easter is coming and this is the perfect gift for in the baskets.

 
At March 14, 2013 at 9:31 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Those are adorable little Chalk characters! They would make great Easter basket fillers!

 
At March 14, 2013 at 10:22 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

These are GREAT! My nephews have a birthday party in 2 weeks, and I had no idea what to get them! I'm going to order the mustache ones- so cute!

 
At March 14, 2013 at 10:24 AM , Blogger mail4rosey said...

What a great post, I remember having so much fun w/chalk as a child. These are cute too!

 
At March 14, 2013 at 12:29 PM , Blogger Marie said...

The chalk is cute, my son is to old to enjoy that now. I think lol you never can tell with kids. My two nieces would love them though!

 
At March 15, 2013 at 12:22 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

My kids would love this!! Also what a great gift for those kids who have it all. It gets them outdoors and creative!

 
At March 15, 2013 at 10:19 PM , Blogger Conservamom said...

These are so cute!! Thanks for sharing!

 
At March 15, 2013 at 11:29 PM , Blogger Andrea Kruse said...

Sounds adorable! I know my kids just adore spending hours outside with their chalk drawings. This makes such a great gift idea.

 
At March 19, 2013 at 5:38 PM , Anonymous Elisebet F said...

I ordered chalk after reading this review, and I'm very happy with my purchase! I ordered on a Saturday, and they arrived on Monday and looked even better than expected (and bigger).

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home