<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://bullocksbuzz.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Bullock's Buzz: 30SomeWeeks: Toxin-Free & Hypoallergenic Deodorant

Wednesday, September 19, 2012

30SomeWeeks: Toxin-Free & Hypoallergenic Deodorant

Aluminum-Free Deodorant
deodomom 004
     Everyday we hear of new eco-friendly and health-conscious products that are being made for us and our children.  Many of these products provide a much better alternative to what we used to use.  While looking at many of these products on the market, I came across a site on the internet called 30SomeWeeks.com.  The husband and wife team behind this site are the creators of a toxin-free and hypoallergenic deodorant called DeodoMom.  They originally created this vegan, aluminum-free deodorant for pregnant moms as a result of their personal concerns about the amount of aluminum exposure during pregnancy, but it works for people of any age and any gender.  It definitely sparked my interest, especially after having heard about some of the studies on Aluminum Toxicity in the human body, and about how we are still learning of different diseases in which excessive amounts of aluminum may play a role.  And although I am not pregnant yet, I am very interested in using healthier products, especially for when that day comes.
     DeodoMom is not only aluminum-free, but it also does not contain any alcohol/glycol, fragrance, dye or parabens.  Instead it is made with a mineral that is literally safe enough to eat called Magnesium Hydroxide, along with water and, depending on the season and availability, some natural moisturizers and/or antimicrobial agents.  It is available in two forms, a roll-on and a cream that comes in a jar, both of which provide enough deodorant to typically last for at least 3 months.  Now this is not the first natural deodorant I have come across, and I have many friends who are into using more health-conscious and all-natural products, including deodorant, but I, personally, have never found one I liked well enough to continue to use.  However, I wanted to give DeodoMom a try, and 30SomeWeeks was kind enough to send both a jar and a roll-on.
deodomom 004
   I have always used some type of roll-on deodorant so when I saw I had a choice between a roll-on or a jar I chose to try the roll-on first.  Since it has been quite awhile since I last used a liquid roll-on, it took a few times before I got used to the chilly wetness once it was applied;  thankfully I found that it dried very quickly!  I also made the mistake of putting too much on the first time I used it and was left with white streaks all under my arms, but these quickly faded as it was absorbed into my skin.  Once I got used to the feeling and figured out the appropriate amount to use, I found that DeodoMom really did keep me dry and non-smelly. In fact, it kept me much drier than my usual choice of deodorant does especially during the hot, sticky Southern summers. Another thing I noticed, which I am very happy about, is that I am no longer getting little red bumps under my arms.  Awhile back I began to notice these little bumps and I was thinking they were razor burn, but now I am not so sure that they were not breakouts from the ingredients in my old deodorant, especially since they went away as soon as I began using DeodoMom!  I did try some of the DeodoMom in the jar where you use your fingers to apply it like you would with lotion.   I found it to be just a tad thicker, (due to the fact that the roll-on has a little more water in it so that it can ‘roll on’) and just as effective.  Both forms provide enough protection to keep me dry and smelling good through-out the entire day.
deodomom 008                                   deodomom 009
                                Cream                                                 Roll-On
     My opinion?  I have been using DeodoMom for about a month now, if not a little bit longer, and I am quite impressed with the results!   30SomeWeeks has a good thing going here!  If you’d like to see how it works for you, DeodoMom can be purchased through 30SomeWeeks website HERE.  For those of us in the United States, a jar will cost you $10, while the roll-on will cost $12; there is a few dollar difference for those who live in Canada and Europe. Keep in mind, a 2oz. jar or one roll on should last you about 3 months, with a shelf-life of about a year if kept tightly sealed.  30SomeWeeks also makes an alternative to synthetic soaps for children,  Olive Oil soaps which are also 100% vegan, and can be found on the same site at http://www.30someweeks.com/index.html.  Be sure to ‘like’ 30SomeWeeks on Facebook and ‘follow’ them on Twitter for more reviews and other information.

Labels:

27 Comments:

At September 19, 2012 at 11:32 AM , Blogger BargainHoundDailyDeals said...

great concept! I wouldnt mind trying this...I never thought something like this would work as well as regular kinds though..I will have to try this out..great review!

 
At September 19, 2012 at 11:33 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Works BETTER than the regular stuff :) I love these mom founded and owned companies!

 
At September 19, 2012 at 12:09 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

My sister does not use this particular brand, although she SWEARS by this type of product. She especially tells pregnant moms about using it so the fetus doesnt get the aluminum and toxins from the regular brands. Great Post...If it worked for you in the summer, then I can certainly give it a try as the weather is cooling off!

jenny at dapperhouse

 
At September 19, 2012 at 12:25 PM , Blogger Melanie said...

I'm always weird about what kind of deodorant that I use because I worry that it won't cover any odors from being outside. I would definitely try this one!

 
At September 19, 2012 at 1:16 PM , Blogger Razzledazzlestyles said...

OMG, My hubby would love this, He hates the store ones, They always give hime a rash, Tyvm for posting this great review xo

 
At September 19, 2012 at 2:14 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

I'm expecting the roll on soon, from a contest. I hoe it works as good as everyone says it does!

 
At September 19, 2012 at 2:26 PM , Blogger Tricia said...

This sounds great!!! I never tried a jar deodorant before!!I agree with the poster above. Mom founded and owned companies are the best out there!

 
At September 19, 2012 at 2:27 PM , Blogger Melinda Dunne said...

Wow that is impressive! I don't know if I would like the cream but the roll on looks good. I have never heard of this product before so thanks for posting.

 
At September 19, 2012 at 3:38 PM , Blogger Tamara W said...

This sounds very interesting. I will have to look in to it. I hate the stuff you buy in the stores.

 
At September 19, 2012 at 5:35 PM , Blogger Melissa P Vosburgh said...

Such simple packaging, I like that

 
At September 19, 2012 at 8:11 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

This sounds like good stuff! I usually hear the natural ones don't work great but this proves different! Thanks!

 
At September 19, 2012 at 9:36 PM , Blogger Inspiration CAN be found EVERYWHERE said...

I'm glad to hear that an all natural product works - I've tried too many that far short of the promised results. I will have to look into this one. Thanks for sharing

 
At September 19, 2012 at 9:56 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for this info, I am ALWAYS looking for toxin free deodorant! I actually make mine if I can't find any aluminum free.

 
At September 20, 2012 at 12:26 AM , Blogger Malia said...

I'd love to try this, sounds like a great product

 
At September 20, 2012 at 10:44 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

It works great!

 
At September 20, 2012 at 10:46 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

I love it! It really did clear up all the bumps under my arms too!

 
At September 20, 2012 at 10:46 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

The make a great product!

 
At September 20, 2012 at 10:47 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

This is so much healthier than a store bought product!

 
At September 20, 2012 at 10:47 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

A lot really do fall short, but I was impressed with this one!

 
At September 20, 2012 at 10:48 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

I think you'll like it!

 
At September 20, 2012 at 12:22 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

WOW! I love hearing about natural deodorants that actually work, I've found so many that don't work but there are some gems out there that do. Glad to see I can add another one to my list! :)

 
At September 20, 2012 at 1:16 PM , Blogger Angie said...

I really hate all the chemicals in regular deodorant I would love to check this out!

 
At September 20, 2012 at 1:36 PM , Blogger Suenvegas said...

I am not big on store bought deodorant. So many chemicals in them. This sounds great! Thanks for sharing!!

 
At September 20, 2012 at 2:23 PM , Blogger Ashley S said...

Sounds interesting! Never heard of this brand before. Be cool to try it!

 
At September 20, 2012 at 7:28 PM , Blogger Beth said...

Thanks for sharing! I always love how many pics you post.

 
At September 20, 2012 at 9:46 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Interesting! I will have to look into it :)

 
At September 22, 2012 at 2:44 AM , Blogger MyCatKevin said...

I am not huge on most deodorants, but I would certainly check this out and give it a go!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home