<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://bullocksbuzz.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Bullock's Buzz: Sunny Seat: The Purrfect Perch for Your Cats

Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Sunny Seat: The Purrfect Perch for Your Cats


sunnyseat


   If you ask me to name my favorite animal, my immediate answer will be CATS!  I have loved them ever since I was a tiny child, and have always had one for as long as I can remember.  My most recent cat, as those of you who follow this blog know, is a Calico named Sookie.  I like to believe that I am well aware of what she wants, needs and loves and that includes food, water, supplements, lots of love, warmth, high places, plenty of playtime and, of course, numerous NAPS!  I prefer to keep Sookie indoors so this means one of her favorite past-times is looking out the windows, and her favorite place to nap has always been somewhere warm, preferably in a patch of sunlight!  She, like most cats, also has a love for sitting in the highest spots she can find.  So when I was given the opportunity to review the Sunny Seat by Oster, I, standing in for Sookie, jumped at the chance!  I am sure many of you have seen the ads for it on TV, but for those of you who haven’t, keep reading to learn more!
  The Sunny Seat has got to be one of the most innovative products for cats I have seen, and satisfies three primal cat urges: sitting in high places, looking out windows and curling up in a comfy spot for a nice long cat nap!  It attaches easily to a window or sliding glass door to give your cat a safe and secure, comfortable, high spot to sit that includes a view!  Plus, if your windows get direct sunlight, it provides a warm, sunny spot for your cat to nap!

sunnyseat11

   The Sunny Seat comes unassembled in a box, but is extremely easy to assemble in a very short amount of time!  Plastic tubes fit together to form the frame of the seat, and an easily-removable, machine-washable slipcover fits right over the frame to form the actual seat.  Four large suction cups and some very sturdy wire attach the seat to the window or sliding glass door, providing a safe and secure perch.   Be sure to clean the glass very well before attaching the suction cups as they will stick much better if there is no dirt or dust on the glass. 

sunnyseat1 (2)

   I must admit that I was skeptical about how secure the Sunny Seat would be despite both the claim that it can hold up to 50 pounds and the picture on the box of a huge stack of bricks on the seat.  Yet once I saw how big the suction cups were and ran my own test involving a huge stack of hardcover books,  I was completely satisfied!   After several weeks, which involved daily checks, the cups remained firmly attached to the window and there has been no need to reset.

sunnyseat10

  The Sunny Seat measures approximately 12” by 22” which provides plenty of room for kitty to curl up or stretch out.  It is the perfect size to fit most windows easily, and it is especially nice since it is up out of the way, unlike many kitty condos, climbing posts and other toys!  It is ideal if you do not have window sills large enough to accommodate a cat, or if you do not want to use the necessary hardware like screws and nails which are needed to install other types of window seats for pets

sunnyseat6
  
    Sookie wasn’t exactly sure why I kept calling her name and patting this thing stuck to the window, but after I finally decided to pick her up and plop her on it, she refused to come down!  First she sniffed, then began rubbing her face all over the seat and the wires, marking it as her own, then she settled down to stare out the window.  That night I noticed she never came in our room to sleep next to us, and when I got up the next morning and walked in the den, there she was, still in her Sunny Seat sound asleep! 

sunnyseat8

   Although she loved it at the apartment we were living in, she had no idea what she was missing until we moved into our new apartment that is not only on the top floor, but has huge windows with Southern exposure which means tons of nice sunlight pouring in all day long!  Now she spends hours on her seat looking out the window and napping!   What a hard life!

sunnyseat2

   If you have a cat, I highly suggest investing in a Sunny Seat!  They are much more affordable than other options, and provide hours of entertainment for your kitty.  And despite the name Sunny Seat, it doesn’t have to be sunny outside to keep your cat content!  Prices vary, though the majority seem to be around $19.99, and they can be purchased directly through the Oster Animal Care website as well as many other online sites.  You can also find the Sunny Seat at pet stores, mass merchandisers and other brick-and-mortar stores. 


Labels:

14 Comments:

At January 30, 2013 at 1:38 AM , Anonymous Tamara said...

This is so neat our kitty will love it. I am always looking for neat stuff for him. Thank you for sharing it.

 
At January 30, 2013 at 4:00 AM , Blogger Melanie Stewart said...

I've wondered about getting something like this before. love your cat pictures, so cute :)

 
At January 30, 2013 at 1:42 PM , Blogger Brent Woolverton said...

Sookie is enjoying himself for sure! I do not have cats but if I did this would be something I would get. Cute pictures.

 
At January 30, 2013 at 2:50 PM , Blogger MamaBreak said...

How cute! My cat would love this, but I worry she would not be able to jump up she is getting so old!

 
At January 30, 2013 at 3:34 PM , Blogger Diane said...

We reviewed this a few years ago and tried every tip they offered, but anytime my cat jumped out it, after a few minutes it would fall off the window!

http://mehimandthecats.com/sunny-seat-for-cats-not-so-sunny-review/

 
At January 30, 2013 at 7:18 PM , Blogger Mellissa said...

I wonder if it eally holds 50 pounds?? lol my cat is about 2 times the size of yours AT LEAST!

 
At January 30, 2013 at 9:22 PM , Blogger Julia Potvin said...

Great review, but honestly this looks scary to me, my cat is also twice the size of yours and I would so worry about my glass and it pulling off with her with it. She uses the older style on the window sill and even that we had to add a bottom to it.
I would probably try it for kittens or a little kitty just not Zoey a.ka. Fat Cat :)

 
At January 31, 2013 at 2:35 PM , Blogger Naptime Review said...

Oh My cat would love this!!!!

Stopping by from Review Bloggers!
Julie @ Naptime Review
www.thenaptimereview.com

 
At February 1, 2013 at 10:26 PM , Anonymous jheylo said...

that's neat. looks strong and sturdy too. holds the cat really good.

 
At February 1, 2013 at 11:31 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

OMG! I love this! My cat would LOVE this!

 
At February 2, 2013 at 12:07 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Just a suggestion, put a bird feeder up outside so Sooki can watch the birds! My cat would love this. He loves being in a window sill!

 
At February 2, 2013 at 9:58 AM , Blogger cstironkat said...

I would love to win this for Yoshi. He is always looking for a sunny spot where he will not be disturbed by the dogs, and the sunny seat is the perfect solution.

 
At February 2, 2013 at 2:46 PM , Blogger Ashley S said...

I don't have cats, but I'll have to share this with my friends who do!

 
At February 2, 2013 at 9:35 PM , Blogger Tara said...

This is so cute! My baby would love it. :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home