<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://bullocksbuzz.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Bullock's Buzz: Influenster Summer VoxBox Item Review

Saturday, July 21, 2012

Influenster Summer VoxBox Item Review

Sally Hansen Nails & Cuticles Hand Creme


     Thanks to Influenster, I have another new favorite item, Sally Hansen's Nails & Cuticles Hand Creme with Shea Butter. I have been using this creme for over a week now and am very impressed in the difference I see concerning the way my cuticles and nails look.  Since I do a lot of cleaning, cooking and washing, my hands tend to dry out quickly and my cuticles and nails are always dry and brittle-like.  It seems like almost every day my cuticles will split and lead to painful hangnails, and my nails would peel.
     Let me give a quick lesson in anatomy for those who are not familiar with cuticles.  Your cuticles are those small folds of skin at the base of your nails.  Their purpose is to protect the area between the skin and the nail from infection.  Most people hardly notice their cuticles, but others, like me who suffer from dry skin may get small tears in the cuticles known as hangnails.  If you are like me and have nervous habits, you may tend to pull or pick at these hangnails which in turn leads to even more painful areas where I have pulled at the hang nail until it tears into the healthy skin in small, painful strips.  This can lead to redness and irritation and even infection.  This infection is called paronychia and is often caused by excessive manicuring, biting or tearing the cuticles, or frequent exposure of the hands to hard water and detergents.  Stress can also lead to this.  It hurts and is not very pretty!

typical hangnail


     After using the creme for a week now, usually a few times a day right after I wash my hands and shower, and do any other chores which include getting my hands in water, I have noticed quite a difference!  My cuticles are much softer and no longer tear or crack.  My hands themselves are extremely soft, and they look and feel moisturized.  Even my nails look better with a healthy, conditioned shine.



     I love the feel of this creme, it's very thick and non-greasy, and the scent is so fresh and citrus-like!  It does not take a lot when applying it to your fingers and hands.  Just a small dab, less than the size of a dime is the perfect amount for my size hands.  I have noticed that for about 30 to 45 seconds after applying my hands have a slightly greasy feel, but that is quickly absorbed and my hands are left feeling soft and moisturized.
     Sally Hansen is a brand that has been around for as long as I can remember, and they are known for their great hand and nail care products.  You can learn more about Nails & Cuticles Hand Creme at their site here, as well as see the wide selection of products made by Sally Hansen.  There are also a lot of beauty tips and information.   You can find their products easily, available at almost any drugstore, grocery store or mass merchandiser.  A full sized bottle retails for around $5.99, but it will last for quite awhile!  I received a 1oz bottle and have been using it for over a week now and there is still a little more than half the bottle left.  Like I mentioned, a little goes a long way!
     Keep in mind I received this product as part of my Summer 2012 VoxBox.  Influenster is a site where you can earn free products in exchange for sharing your honest opinion through out your social networks.  One difference between Influenster and other similar sites is that Influenster will send you a full box of samples instead of just 1 or 2.  The boxes are based on themes, and they choose who gets these boxes based on demographics. You have opportunities to earn badges, and the more badges you earn, the more your chances of qualifying increase.  If your are interested in becoming an Influenster you can sign up on their site at www.influenster.com.








I received all products for free for the purpose of review. I have not been compensated in any way and all opinions are my own.



Labels:

2 Comments:

At July 21, 2012 at 10:35 PM , Blogger Tricia said...

That product sounds wonderful! Your nails look great!!

 
At September 17, 2012 at 6:17 PM , Blogger Tamara W said...

This sounds like something I need, thank you so much for sharing it

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home