<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://bullocksbuzz.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Bullock's Buzz: Beyond Delicious, Beyond the Shaker

Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Beyond Delicious, Beyond the Shaker

Premium Gourmet Salt
salt-logo
   Salt, one of the most widely used seasonings that goes with almost anything you cook.  One company has taken salt a step further, taken it beyond delicious and beyond the ordinary, Beyond the Shaker.  These premium gourmet salt blends are unrefined and hand crafted using only all-natural sea salts and organic and sustainable ingredients.  Beyond the Shaker has many delectable and exotic blends such as Garlic Shallot, Hot Habanero Blend, Red Alaea Salt and many more.  I was given the opportunity to review some of these wonderful and unique blends, and found them to be even better than I expected. Definitely beyond the ordinary!
salts, watches 001
Hickory Maple Blend
A delicious blend of all natural sea salt, Sel Gris, Alderwood smoke, Fumee de Sel, organic maple sugar, organic garlic and vanilla bean.  It comes in a very attractive modern-looking glass jar with an air-tight lid.  The aroma when I first opened the jar was amazing, and made my mouth water!
Ideas for use can be found on the side of the label and include coating over brie cheese and baking, drizzling into applesauce, mixing with butter and tossing with unsalted peanuts, adding to mashed potatoes, and many more ideas which can be found online through the Beyond the Shaker site.
salts, watches 002
   I chose to use this blend as a rub for pork chops that I broiled.  I simply poured a little bit in my hand and rubbed it on both sides, then placed them under the broiler, turning one time, until they were cooked through.  They came out juicy and tender with a wonderfully smoky taste of salt, maple sugar and a hint of garlic.  I did use a bit too much this first time, but it was still wonderful!  This dish has become one of our new favorites!
         salts, watches 011  salts, watches 013  salts, watches 014
Rubbed on Pork Chops, Broiled then served. Delicious!
I was also sent samples of the following flavors, a few of which we have tried, and others were cannot wait to try!  Their samples come in re-sealable bags and have enough blend to get a few good uses out of each bag!
Chef’s Blend – a delicious pairing of unrefined salt and a mix of the finest ground black, red and white peppercorns.
salts, watches 008
Chanterelle Vanilla – a delectable blend of earthy mushrooms and sweet exotic vanilla.  Ingredient include Hawaiian Black Lava Salt, chanterelle mushrooms, Madagascar vanilla beans, organic maple sugar, organic garlic, organic shallot and black truffle panko.
salts, watches 009
Herb Garden Blend – an incredible blend of 8 organic herbs including basil, thyme, parsley, rosemary and more combined with fleur de sel and Murray River Salt.  I have used this on a variety of vegetables and on baked chicken.
salts, watches 007
Alderwood Smoke – pure, unrefined salt smoked over alderwood.  Wonderful sprinkled on asparagus, broccoli and in baked beans!
salts, watches 006
Garlic Shallot – a perfect blend of organic garlic, shallot with fleur del sel and Himalayan Pink Salt.  This is delicious sprinkled on baked chicken breasts, corn and bread!
salts, watches 005
  For each gourmet salt blend you will find a description, suggestions for use, the story behind the salt and a list of the premium ingredients on the Beyond the Shaker website.  If you are unsure of which blends you may want to try, Beyond the Shaker will gladly send you a sample size bag of any blend for only $1.50.  I found I was able to get several uses out of each sample bag I was sent.  It is a wonderful way to try each flavor before you buy!
   You can also find a detailed Salt Guide on the site which describes the different types and uses of salts, as well as the interesting history behind salt in our society.  And last, but not least, Beyond the Shaker’s blog where you will find a mix of recipes, uses for salt, interesting tidbits and other information for and by lovers of gourmet salts.
  All premium salt blends can be purchased through Beyond the Shaker’s website. You can buy individual shakers or in sets and even in bulk. They also sell salt ware items such as salt mills, a triple treat salt holder, nebula salt servers and more so you can display your gourmet salts in only the best! Shipping is free on orders $35 or more.
   Be sure to check them out both on Facebook and Twitter for many other delicious recipes, tips, ideas for use and more!

Labels:

19 Comments:

At October 23, 2012 at 3:07 PM , Blogger Melinda Dunne said...

I have just recently heard of this brand. I love to try new spices and things. I will have to look into getting some. I think they would be great gifts to include in the gift baskets I give away.

 
At October 23, 2012 at 3:11 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Not a huge fan of salted spices but I'd be willing to give them a try. The Herb Garden Blend sounds delish!

 
At October 23, 2012 at 5:04 PM , Blogger Tricia said...

I would love to try the hickory maple one. I love spices like those.

 
At October 23, 2012 at 8:25 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

These sound awesome! I love using various herbs and spices while cooking. Thanks for the review!

 
At October 23, 2012 at 8:28 PM , Blogger Jerla Oh lalala said...

wow! great review. your pork chop looks yummy

http://jerlalou.blogspot.com/

 
At October 23, 2012 at 9:03 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

I love herbs and spices! Looks really yummy!

 
At October 23, 2012 at 9:03 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

This is THE perfect Gift for my husband who loves to grill, LOVES his spices and loves to cook. Are you kidding me with spices in the Chanterelle Vanilla blend?!?! I want to try that SO BAD! Thank you for letting me know about these spices!!

jenny at dapperhouse

 
At October 23, 2012 at 9:28 PM , Blogger Happy Gardening, Kim said...

Don't you just love it! I was lucky enough to try the Garlic Shallot. Wonderful gourmet salts and a great gift for any cook.

 
At October 23, 2012 at 9:33 PM , Blogger Candy said...

The salts sound fantastic! Wow I've got to get my hands on some of these!

 
At October 23, 2012 at 9:50 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

I've never heard of these but they sound awesome! What a great way to add extra flavor to food :)

 
At October 23, 2012 at 10:24 PM , Blogger Malia said...

This sound great! A nice way to add some flavor to your cooking.

 
At October 23, 2012 at 11:12 PM , Blogger Angie said...

I would LOVE to try the Garlic Shallot! Sounds great!

 
At October 23, 2012 at 11:17 PM , Blogger Suenvegas said...

Great Company!!! I love their Salt!

 
At October 23, 2012 at 11:23 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

It's 930 at night and your photos make me want to grill a steak!

 
At October 23, 2012 at 11:38 PM , Blogger Kayla Eklund said...

The Garlic Shallot sounds good!

 
At October 24, 2012 at 6:23 AM , Blogger Beth said...

This looks very tasty!

 
At October 24, 2012 at 9:06 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

All I can say is...YUM!

 
At October 24, 2012 at 10:06 AM , Blogger Put A Ring On It Dallas! said...

I would love to try the Garlic Shallot... I put garlic in just about everything. yummy:)

 
At October 24, 2012 at 12:23 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

This sounds very yummy and great for cooking!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home