<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://bullocksbuzz.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Bullock's Buzz: Tasty Tuesday’s Recipe

Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Tasty Tuesday’s Recipe

Mouth Watering Meatloaf
meatloaf40
  This is a quick and easy meatloaf based on a recipe I found at Allrecipes.com.  I added a few personal touches to make it a family favorite!
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Baking Time: 1 Hour
Serves 5
meatloaf2

Ingredients
1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
1/4 cup chopped onion
1/4 cup chopped bell pepper
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/2 teaspoon crumbled dried sage
1 1/2 pounds ground beef
GLAZE
3/4 cups ketchup
2 to 2 1/4 tablespoons brown sugar
1/4 teaspoon mustard or 3/4 teaspoon dry mustard
Directions
1.  Preheat oven to 350˚.
2. Grease a 9 x 5 loaf pan (or whatever you have that works!)
3.  In a bowl, lightly beat the 2 eggs, then add the milk, bread crumbs, onion, bell pepper, salt, black pepper and sage. Lightly mix.
meatloaf4
4.  Add meat a small amount at a time, gently working it in until thoroughly mixed.

meatloaf7

5.  Press the meat mixture into the loaf pan, or if you do not have a loaf pan and are using another type pan, shape the meat into a loaf with your hands.
meatloaf19
6.  Bake in the preheated oven until the meat is no longer pink inside and the juices run clear, about 45 to 50 minutes.  A meat thermometer inserted in the middle of the loaf should read at least 160˚.
  meatloaf27 
7.  While the meat loaf is cooking, mix the ketchup, brown sugar and mustard in a bowl stirring until the sugar has completely dissolved.
meatloaf28
meatloaf30
8.  When loaf is done, pull from oven and spread the topping over the loaf.  Return to oven and bake until topping is set, about 10 more minutes.
meatloaf34

   Slice, serve with healthy sides and enjoy!

meatloaf42

Labels:

18 Comments:

At March 19, 2013 at 11:11 AM , Blogger Mrs. Stacey said...

Now I'm really hungry!!! Fast food won't cut it for lunch. I will have to try this tonight for dinner. Thanks for the recipe :)

 
At March 19, 2013 at 11:15 AM , Anonymous mitchelle said...

Oh gosh I love meatloaf. I missed it so much. Thailand does not have the kind of meatloaf we have in the Philippines. Theirs are impregnated with chillies.

 
At March 19, 2013 at 11:23 AM , Blogger Motherhood on the Rocks said...

That looks amazing! Now I'm hungry for meatloaf!

 
At March 19, 2013 at 11:29 AM , Blogger Chubskulit Rose said...

Yummy! How much milk do you need for this one? Did not see it in the recipe. My husband love meatloaf and I think that he would like this specific recipe.

 
At March 19, 2013 at 11:42 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

looks grat, just decided to figure out what is for dinner tonight!! thanks for the suggestion

 
At March 19, 2013 at 11:42 AM , Blogger Kristi C said...

Looks really good! Pinning this...thanks!

 
At March 19, 2013 at 11:46 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Simple and easy! I love the extra layer of ketchup on top!

 
At March 19, 2013 at 12:57 PM , Anonymous Anna at Mama Writes said...

I love Allrecipes.com! This looks really yummy, I will have to try making it... my husband loves meatloaf, and I know my daughter would like this one too, as it has the ketchup topping (she adores ketchup!) Thanks for posting it!

 
At March 19, 2013 at 4:25 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Looks delicious! I've never heard of using milk in meatloaf, I use tomato sauce.
Just wanted to stop by and thank you for linking up at the Super Social Link Party at Snack Cups and Smiles....Thanks!
With Smiles,
Angie at http://snackcupsandsmiles.blogspot.com/

 
At March 19, 2013 at 7:32 PM , Blogger TabbyAnn said...

that looks good, now I am hungry!

 
At March 19, 2013 at 8:55 PM , Anonymous seny said...

We love meat loaf. This recipe is new to me, I might just try this. Thank you for sharing. It looks really good.

 
At March 19, 2013 at 9:07 PM , Blogger noel bressler said...

Thanks for following www.highheeledmama.com, happy to be following along!! That meatloaf looks amazing...I usually use ground turkey, but I'd bet it'd still taste delish!

 
At March 19, 2013 at 10:25 PM , Blogger Tamara said...

This looks super yummy we were out shopping tonight I said we need hamburger I need meatloaf. It was nice to see Im not the only one ;)

 
At March 19, 2013 at 11:55 PM , Blogger jjp said...

That looks sooo good!!!

 
At March 20, 2013 at 1:43 AM , Anonymous Jhoveleen said...

We're making in the house like this too. I actually saw the recipe online.

 
At March 20, 2013 at 2:22 AM , Anonymous Mel Cole said...

gotta make meatloaf again. your post inspired me!

 
At March 29, 2013 at 3:28 PM , Blogger Hodson said...

Visiting from the Good Friday hop, now following via GFC.

Bloglovin Blog Hop

Take care,
Meg
Happy Kids, Inc

 
At April 1, 2013 at 12:34 AM , Blogger ~Anchored In Christ~ said...

I am not much of a meatloaf person. I'd rather have a hamburger.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home