<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://bullocksbuzz.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Bullock's Buzz: Sunday Recipe on Bullock’s Buzz

Sunday, September 23, 2012

Sunday Recipe on Bullock’s Buzz

Beef with Snow Peas and Water Chestnuts Stir Fry

A delicious, quick and easy stir fry.  This is actually the first dish I ever cooked on my own way back in Junior High School!  It was a recipe from my Home Economics class!  I cannot believe I still have this!  When I came across it the other day, I immediately decided to make it for dinner that night to see if it was as good as I remembered.  With a little tweaking, it was even better!  This made enough for 2 adults when combined with rice.
Ingredients
8oz flank steak cut into thin strips cross-wise
2 tbsp corn starch
2 tbsp peanut/vegetable oil
1 8oz package frozen snow peas – thawed
1/2 cup drained and sliced water chestnuts
1/4 cup cooking sherry
1/4 cup Soy Sauce
1/4 cup water
1/2 tbsp sugar
Directions
1. In a large mixing bowl mix beef and 1 tbsp cornstarch
2.  Heat oil in a wok set at 350 degrees
3. When heated add beef and stir fry until cooked, about 2 minutes
4.  Stir in snow peas and water chestnuts, stir fry for 1 minute.
5.  In a cup mix sherry, sugar, soy sauce, water and remaining 1 tbsp. of corn starch.
6.  Add to wok, stirring constantly until simmering and beef is tender.
Mix with some steamed rice, add a nice side salad and enjoy!

**** Sorry there are no pictures!!! I had everything out, was heating the wok, grabbed the camera, got ready to snap the first picture and...dead batteries!!  At this point I couldn't leave to go get some, so no pics this time....sorry! I really wanted to share this with you because it is so good, so I decided to post anyway! I will fix it again in a few weeks and will post pictures then.*****

Labels:

3 Comments:

At September 23, 2012 at 7:59 PM , Blogger Malia said...

Sounds good! I'd love to see some pics!

 
At September 23, 2012 at 8:02 PM , Blogger Jerla Oh lalala said...

this sounds delicious. wish you shared photo of it too

 
At September 23, 2012 at 8:02 PM , Blogger Suenvegas said...

Sounds really good, I am hungry. You should have posted a picture would love to see how it came out.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home